2021-22 Registration Information
Enrollment for your student(s) takes place online via Skyward (our web-based service) or in person at the campus of assignment.
- Returning Student Enrollment for the 2021-22 school term has not yet begun. Information will be posted here and an email will be sent to current families when enrollment officially opens.
- New Student Enrollment for the 2020-21 school term is available now - For students who are new to Mansfield ISD (not enrolled in an MISD school on the last day of the prior school year), enrollment is currently open. Follow the instructions here for online or in-person options.
Email Proof of Residency to dshepard_POR@misdmail.org
2021-22 Schedule Pick-up
August 16th, 9:00 am-4:00 pm @ Donna Shepard Leadership Academy.
Students must have completed registration and provided proof of residency.
2021-22 Mustang Round-up
Mustang Round-up will take place on August 5, 2021, from 4:30 pm- 6:30 pm. Check-in for registered students will begin at 4 pm.
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged so that we may put students into groups for activities. Click here to register! Registration will close on July 1st.
- We also encourage students to get their first Mustang t-shirt! Click here to purchase. T-shirts may also be purchased at the door for $10.
2021-22 Meet The Teacher
Meet the Teacher will take place on August 16th from 5:00-7:00 pm. Please ensure that your student is completely registered and has provided your proof of residency.
2021 School Supply List
Temporary Virtual Learning Option Available for Grades K-6
Dear MISD Parents/Guardians,
Our leadership team has been meeting frequently to assess our back-to-school plan in light of the continued rising number of COVID-19 cases. Last year, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) waived the normal funding mechanism to allow school districts the option for all students to learn virtually. As of today, the Texas Legislature has not made any type of funding option available for virtual learning for the 2021-22 school year.
We believe that virtual learning is an important option for parents who have concerns about sending students who are not eligible to be vaccinated back in person. We have determined that we can use a portion of our Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds to offer a 12-week virtual option. Currently, the virtual option will be available to students in kindergarten through sixth grade only (K-6), as they are currently not eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
About the Virtual Learning Option
- APPLICATION AND DEADLINE:
A separate application for virtual instruction is necessary even if you’ve already registered your child for the 2021-22 school year. Apply for the virtual learning option (View a diagram of instructions here.)
The deadline to apply for virtual instruction is Monday, Aug. 16 at 11:59 p.m. Parents will be notified on Aug. 17 if their student has been accepted into the virtual learning program. It is important that you complete your application as soon as possible to ensure we have adequate staffing for virtual and in-person learning. NOTE: Choice schools cannot be offered in the virtual option at this time.
- VIRTUAL DELAYED START:
Virtual learning will begin on Aug. 25, one week after the first day of in-person learning. This allows us time to adjust staff and to give them time to adequately prepare for the virtual instruction. In-person learning still begins on Aug. 18.
- INSTRUCTIONAL DELIVERY METHOD:
Virtual learning at both the elementary and intermediate levels will consist of a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning.